On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 4:18 PM, Disconnect <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ..or just punt out users for ToS violations.
>

> On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 3:24 PM, ryaninc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> I wholeheartedly agree. The comments are invaluable for determining
>> how well an application works, but it's almost to the point where the
>> comments are worthless because there's so much spam and completely off-
>> topic discussion.
>>
>> While I don't like comment moderation as a whole, there should be
>> automatic filtering at the very least. Maybe Google could implement a
>> filter that would delete comments with swear words, or even just turn
>> them into asterisks.
>>
>> There really needs to be a solution to this, it's really getting
>> bad. :-(

Perhaps an implementation similar to many online retailers where users can
say whether a review was helpful.  Comments that others found helpful in
making their decision could be floated to the top (or at least supply a
sorting option/preference) so that it's easier to find more useful
information.  Similarly, a comment with enough bad feedback could be put up
for some sort of review, and if deemed acceptable, the offending user could
have comment privileges banned for some period of time.

--
Andrew Burgess