Hello,

I've been trying to use AlarmManager.RTC_WAKEUP to wake up my device
while it's sleeping, and then play some sounds. It seems like when
it's charging, this works fine, but when it's not, the service doesn't
start until I hit the menu button and am presented with the lock
screen.

Also, this seems to be working fine in the emulator, but not my real
phone.

Here's the alarm scheduling:
                  ntent intent = new Intent(Main.this, OneShotAlarm.class);
                  PendingIntent sender =
PendingIntent.getBroadcast(Main.this, 0, intent, 0);

                    // We want the alarm to go off 30 seconds from now.
                    Calendar calendar = Calendar.getInstance();
                    calendar.setTimeInMillis(System.currentTimeMillis());
                    calendar.add(Calendar.SECOND, 60);

                    // Schedule the alarm!
                    AlarmManager am =
(AlarmManager)getSystemService(ALARM_SERVICE);
                    am.set(AlarmManager.RTC_WAKEUP,
calendar.getTimeInMillis(), sender);
---------------------------------
The OneShotAlarm BroadCastReceiver:

public class OneShotAlarm extends BroadcastReceiver
{

    @Override
    public void onReceive(Context context, Intent intent)
    {
        Toast.makeText(context, "OneShotAlarm Broadcast invoked",
1000).show();

          intent = new Intent(context, ServiceClassToRun.class);

         context.startService(intent);
     }
---------------------------------
The Service:

public class ServiceClassToRun extends Service {
        protected static final int Rnd = 0;

         public void onStart(Intent intent, int startId) {
         //do some business here
     }
And finally, my manifest:

 <receiver android:name=".OneShotAlarm" android:process=":remote" />
 <service android:name=".ServiceClassToRun "/>

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Has anyone else experienced this as
well? Thanks in advance.