But if I do want to share data between apps the best bet is to avoid
putting
them in /data/data/<app>/files and opt to throw them on the sdcard
right?
What happened is that the app would write data to /sdcard/<app> on the
emulator
without issues but the same dir path on the real device is throwing
exceptions.