I use in onCreate():

requestWindowFeature(Window.FEATURE_CUSTOM_TITLE);
                super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);

                setContentView(getContentView());

                getWindow().setFeatureInt(Window.FEATURE_CUSTOM_TITLE,
R.layout.title_bar_1);

And then I have an XML layout for the title. I know it works cause I
also have an imageview in it and I can see it. However my TextView
does not get the value from android:label, how can I do that?

Thanks.