I'm developing a REST app on 2.1. I'm using cookies for authentication
(org.apache.http.cookie). The cookies work fine when testing from a
regular browser and when using the emulator. I see that they are sent
from the server and I see the emulator list them out on the debug log.
No problems:
D/SessionProvider(  257): List cookies for connection
D/SessionProvider(  257): Domain:<snip> Name: S Path: / Value:
75XGSMR3BLLGYM0J Expires: Tue Oct 12 20:24:09 America/Barbados 2010
IsExpired: false
D/SessionProvider(  257): Domain: <snip> Name: lang Path: / Value: en
Expires: Tue Oct 12 20:24:09 America/Barbados 2010 IsExpired: false
D/SessionProvider(  257): All cookies have been listed

If I put the same app on my HTC Magic running 2.1, the login sequence
proceeds, but I see no cookies in the debug log. I've verified that
I'm sending them out on the server side.
D/SessionProvider(  257): List cookies for connection
D/SessionProvider(  257): All cookies have been listed

I've been wracking my brains trying to think of what could be set on
the emulator that is different from the magic. Have come up blank so
far.

Can someone give me a shove in the right direction? If not I will
create a paired down app that just does a login and see if I can debug
from there, but that will take me a while...