This is a known bug. Here is a workaround:

                    in = new BufferedInputStream(new
URL(getUrl(size)).openStream(),
                            IO_BUFFER_SIZE);

                    final ByteArrayOutputStream dataStream = new
ByteArrayOutputStream();
                    out = new BufferedOutputStream(dataStream, IO_BUFFER_SIZE);
                    copy(in, out);
                    out.flush();

                    final byte[] data = dataStream.toByteArray();
                    bitmap = BitmapFactory.decodeByteArray(data, 0,
data.length);

--
Romain Guy
www.curious-creature.org