On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 1:25 AM, Tom Gibara <tomgib...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> It is possible that the finalize() has been called at much later point.
>>
>> I should have probably said that lack of finalize() does not mean that
>>
>> the memory has not been regained.
>
> This isn't correct. If an object is an instance of a class with a
> non-trivial finalize method, then the object's memory cannot be reclaimed
> until the finalizer has run.
> Tom.

Tom,

What if the system decides to send KILL to a process running some
background task (application) to regain memory. Each task on android
get its own process and fork of VM. Once deemed not used and in
critical situation, system will simply kill that process without
triggering any garbage collection, and rightly so.
--
Daniel

Daniel Drozdzewski