For emulator to computer (and outside world) see:

http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/emulator.html#emulatornetworking

To talk from the computer to the emulator you should set up a port
forward and connect to the forwarded port on the development machine's
loopback IP - the emulator does not create a dummy network interface
in the hosting machine that can be accessed by ip address in the way
that virtualbox/vmware/etc often do.