I tried this, and CALL_STATE_OFFHOOK event occurs as soon as you dial
the phone number.  So it still doesn't help you determine when the
other person answers.  There is nothing in the public API that can be
used to tell you when the phone is answered.  I was hoping someone
knew another way.  Maybe using reflection to get to a hidden method,
or having the program check the system logs for a message that appears
when the phone is answered.