On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 7:52 PM, Greg W <pilotg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But ideally I'd like for the videos to be included in the application
> download from the market.  I'm not even sure if that's possible.

It's not. There's some threshold limit based on someone's post in the
Android Help Forum, though I don't remember what it was.

> Is there a way to specify resources in your Android project that will not
> be stored in the application space but instead stored on the sdcard?

Don't think so, but regardless the user would have to have the space (and
time to download such a behemoth) to install it to begin with. Very few
people are going to be willing to download a 600 MB app. Hell, people
complain about anything over 1MB.

Do the background download as you already suggested, perhaps giving the user
the option to choose what they want to download. Even with an SD card, 600
MB is a ridiculous amount of space for a single app to require on a mobile
device.