The map data in the Google Maps app and the maps that are available
for developers to use via API (i.e. a MapView in Android SDK) come
from different providers/sources, therefore the geo coordinates differ
and the same lat/lng pair might pinpoint another location on both
maps.

You can see my post on stackoverflow here, especially my own reply to
it:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3289039/google-maps-apps-with-mapview-have-different-current-positions