Hi,

I've taken some animation xml straight from the android docs, and as
far as I can see, doesn't work on either my 2.1 update 1 emulator or
my 2.1 update 1 Galaxy S device.

Specifically, I'm trying to create an animation to pulsate a view
(i.e. make it smaller then larger in one animation)

This is the very simple markup:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<set
        xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";>

        <scale
                android:fromXScale="1.0"
                android:toXScale="0.5"
                android:fromYScale="1.0"
                android:toYScale="0.5"
                android:pivotX="50%"
                android:pivotY="50%"
                android:duration="1000" />

                <set android:startOffset="1000">
                        <scale

                        android:fromXScale="0.5"
                        android:toXScale="1.0"
                        android:fromYScale="0.5"
                        android:toYScale="1.0"
                        android:pivotX="50%"
                        android:pivotY="50%"
                        android:duration="1000" />
                </set>
</set>

So what I'm trying to achieve is to reduce the view from its size to
half of it over a second, then to increase it back to its original
size over a second.

What actually happens is it snaps instantly to half of the views size
(even though fromX/YScale is at 1.0) and then performs the animation
and snaps back afterwards.

Can anyone else try this our quickly? If others see this behaviour
I'll submit it as a bug. I just can't believe something so basic could
be broken!?

Also, copying this animation under the "Tween Animation" heading on
this page http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/graphics/2d-graphics.html
word for word also doesn't animate as per the page says.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!

Andy.