I have a TranslateAnimation that shall animate a LinearLayout (isScrollContainer) to the left and to the right along the x-axis. The animation to the left works and the animation is straight - means that the view is animated horizontally only.

But the animation left to right doesn't work: instead of just moving the view from left to right along the x-axis, the view gets animated into the screen from diagonal lower-right corner. But for the Y parameters I pass fixed identical values.

Here is a flv movie that shows the animation and issue I described: http://tinyurl.com/24n4eac

Code as follows:

View v = ((MainSlide)mCtx).activityFrame; // my view to scroll/animate
Animation mBounceAnim;

// animate to left edge - this one works fine!
mBounceAnim = new TranslateAnimation(
        Animation.ABSOLUTE,
        v.getScrollX(),       // is somewhere between 0 - 239
        Animation.ABSOLUTE,
        v.getScrollY(),
        Animation.ABSOLUTE,
        0,
        Animation.ABSOLUTE,
        v.getScrollY()
    );

// ======================================
// *** THIS ONE DOESN'T WORK PROPERLY ***
// ======================================
// animate to right edge
mBounceAnim = new TranslateAnimation(
        Animation.ABSOLUTE,
        v.getScrollX(),        // is somewhere between 240 - 480
        Animation.ABSOLUTE,
        v.getScrollY(),
        Animation.ABSOLUTE,
        ((View)this.getParent()).getWidth(),  // in my case is 480
        Animation.ABSOLUTE,
        v.getScrollY()
    );

}
mBounceAnim.setDuration(600);
mBounceAnim.setFillBefore(false);
mBounceAnim.setFillAfter(true);
mBounceAnim.setInterpolator(new BounceInterpolator());
v.startAnimation(mBounceAnim);

The view I'm animating is this:

<LinearLayout
    android:id="@+id/frame"
    android:orientation="horizontal"
    android:layout_width="960dp"
    android:isScrollContainer="true"
    android:layout_height="wrap_content"/>

(which is part of an ActivityGroup, where the LinearLayout holds the decorView of the activities; not sure if this matters in any way).