I am trying to receive RecognizerIntents asking for free form speech
recognition and then pass them on to Google Voice Search.

My code is basically this:

        Intent intent = new Intent(getIntent());

        intent.setClassName("com.google.android.voicesearch",
"com.google.android.voicesearch.RecognitionActivity");

I then try one of two approaches:

1.  Rely on the existing flag for FLAG_ACTIVITY_FORWARD_RESULT to
cause the reply to this intent to go to the activity that sent the
original to me.  This fails on the following log message:

10-27 14:06:31.448: ERROR/RecognitionActivity(2360):
ACTION_RECOGNIZE_SPEECH intent called incorrectly. Maybe you called
startActivity, but you should have called startActivityForResult (or
otherwise included a pending intent).

2.  I clear the FLAG_ACTIVITY_FORWARD_RESULT bit and
startActivityForResult(intent, someDangedInt) does me no good either.

What is the secret I am missing?

I don't mind handling the onActivityResult() and setting my result
code and such, but I just cannot figure out how to place myself in the
middle of this transaction.

tone