Dear Mr Moderator! :-)

A couple of hours ago I sent a message "Eclipse bug cripples Android
app?". Please disregard it and don't waste the group's time! I'm
embarrassed to say that the problem was nothing to do with Eclipse or
any kind of corrupted file, it was a criminally basic coding error.
Basically I had a class definition that was creating an object of that
class, which in turn created another, etc, etc. I'm afraid the
crashing was nothing more mysterious than a stack overflow.

I bow my head in shame!

Thank you,
Andrew