> So please someone tell me
> there is some way I can have my method pause until a button is
> pressed?

You can't.  Though if you really want to you can, by placing your
"main" code in a secondary thread and having it communicate with the
UI thread.  It can send a message to the UI thread to display the
current configuration, then wait for the UI thread to respond that a
button has been pressed.

But the problem you run into is that the Android OS may want to deep-
six your thread to free up RAM if the app is backgrounded.  Dunno how
you handle that.