I just use a WebView to do the Twitter authorization in the games I
programmed. So I can finish the activity running it without any
problem anyway.

I suppose with your Browser method, once you get to Activity#2, you
could finish and start another Acitivty using FLAG_ACTIVITY_CLEAR_TOP
or something. Although you might then have to start a couple
activities to get your stack built up again if there are things the
user would want to go back to.