I am creating a raw socket to sniff packets on android as below.

        sock_raw = socket(AF_INET , SOCK_RAW , IPPROTO_TCP);
        if(sock_raw < 0)
        {
                fprintf(fs,"Socket Error : %d %d\n",errno, EACCES);
                if( errno == EACCES )
                    fprintf(fs,"PERMISSIN DENIED\n");
                return 1;
        }

When I run the code on emulator, socket functions returns -1 and errno
has value 1 which means "Operation not permitted". But the same code
runs fine on Ubuntu 10 under sudo.

By default, I have root access in emulator using adb shell. Also, My
App has below permissions
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" /

    <uses-permission
android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />
    <uses-permission
android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE"/>

Can anyone help me to rectify this problem?
By the way, how to run an application in emulator under root?