Hello,

I need to do an internet access to update a field on my UI.  I do the
internet access in a background thread by extending AsyncTask.

Since I need to update my UI every time the screen is refreshed I am
executing the AsyncTask in my onResume method:

@Override
protected void onResume(){
        super.onResume();

        showDialog(REFRESH_DIALOG);
        new UpdateAgentStatusTask().execute();
}

I dismiss the REFRESH_DIALOG dialog in the onPostExecute() method in
the AsyncTask.

For testing I rotate the screen to landscape.  Things work well.  The
problem is when I try to rotate again to portrait.  I get
'java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: no dialog with id 1 was ever
shown ...'.  id 1 is for the REFRESH_DIALOG.

How do I get rid of this error?  Is there a better way to do an
internet access to update my UI every time the screen is refreshed?

Thanks,
Prasanna