Twitter for Android is an excellent app, but the lastest update shows
how a lot of iOS UI patterns are bleeding over to Android apps,
potentially confusing things.

To note a couple:

1. Pull down ListView (beyond top) to refresh.
2. Swipe finger across a ListView row to bring up actions/edit.

First of all, iOS has some extremely well thought at and sensible UI/
UX patterns, many of them designed to get around the limitation of
having one physical button (always needing a back button on screen, no
menu key and so on).

The danger here is that as Android developers we don't have this stuff
built into the SDK, if you've tried to implement iOS's "overshoot"/
elastic ScrollViews which are purported to be coming to Gingerbread,
you'll know how much extra work this can be, and potentially how
brittle that might make code, especially if this particular feature is
going to be built in.

list view header to scroll to top", and what about the long-press for
bringing up actions/options for an item. TweetDeck is one of the best
examples of Android done right IMHO, fully embracing a lot of the
design and interaction guidelines that are beginning to emerge.

Are we going to confuse users by having an Android way to do things
mixed in with an iOS way to do things?