Hello,
I am trying to do a http post to a php script. the method works if I
place it in the onCreate event of the application but gets a
ConnectionTimeOut error when it tries to execute it from the service.
Here is an example of my method

String url = "http://myurl/"; +
                "?tmpl=javascript" +
                "&mode=recieved" +
                "&id=" + id;
                URI uri = null;
                try {
                        url = url.replace(" ", "%20");
                        uri = new URI(url);
                } catch (URISyntaxException e1) {
                        // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                        e1.printStackTrace();
                }
                HttpGet httpGet = new HttpGet(uri);
                HttpParams httpParameters = new BasicHttpParams();
                // Set the timeout in milliseconds until a connection is
established.
                int timeoutConnection = 10000;
                HttpConnectionParams.setConnectionTimeout(httpParameters,
timeoutConnection);
                // Set the default socket timeout (SO_TIMEOUT)
                // in milliseconds which is the timeout for waiting for data.
                int timeoutSocket = 10000;
                HttpConnectionParams.setSoTimeout(httpParameters,
timeoutSocket);

                DefaultHttpClient httpClient = new
DefaultHttpClient(httpParameters);
                try {
                        HttpResponse response = httpClient.execute(httpGet);
                } catch (ClientProtocolException e) {
                        System.out.println(e.getLocalizedMessage());
                        e.printStackTrace();
                } catch (IOException e) {
                        System.out.println(e.getLocalizedMessage());
                        e.printStackTrace();
                }

I have no idea why the service would get a time out error but the
application activity would not. I am baffled.