Hi,

I have a list view with array adapter to show user
some information that retrieved from Internet, As we all know reading data
from Internet requires some time to finish, but if I try to read data on
getView(), it means user must wait and he/she cannot see anything at that
time, the screen is black for long a time because it will cost too much time
to finish. This is unacceptable.

So I think maybe I can show user a empty list view first and then display a
progress dialog to let user know I'm now just reading data. The background
task will read data and send message to UI thread when job is done. But
there's one problem: I don't know how to get notified when list view is
displayed. I mean, I want to know when & where to show that progress dialog
when I first show user an empty list?

Thanks,

Alex