Alok,

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 3:56 PM, Alok Kulkarni <kulsu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Daniel for your response,
> In my app, the user enters a name in japanese language which is to be
> sent to server in a JSON request.The server expects the name parameter
> in form of a UTF-8 encoded string.

In JSON you can pass an actual UTF-8 encoded char, like '®' or its
safe form (some call it ASCII form or URL encoded form) like '\u00AE'
I suggested that you can test few things, for example sending an
actual character, but then you have to make sure that your source code
is UTF-8 encoded, since the literal is used directly, therefore has to
be UTF-8 encoded.

There are know issues with some PHP installations running on Win
servers that use CP1251 encoding, so if your SOAP receiver is a PHP
script in such setup, it would inherit the encoding from PHP.

Again, the way to test your server's correctness, you can try passing
the actual character rather than its code, BUT make sure that the
source is UTF-8 encoded, for the reasons stated above.

Daniel