I am trying to get my first DatePickerDialog working but bizarrely,
the app keeps crashing just as my onDateSet() function is encountered.

My code is below:
protected Dialog onCreateDialog(int id){
                //super.onCreateDialog(id);

                Log.e("TRACKING", "Just outside onDateSet()");

                switch(id){
                        case DATE_DIALOG_ID:
                                Log.e("TRACKING", "entering onDateSet()");
                                final TextView dob                      =
        (TextView)findViewById(R.id.DOB);

                                Log.e("TRACKING", "reaching#1");

                                DatePickerDialog dateDialog     =
new DatePickerDialog(this, new
DatePickerDialog.OnDateSetListener() {

                                                @Override
                                                public void
onDateSet(DatePicker view, int year,
                                                                int
monthOfYear, int dayOfMonth) {
                                                        // TODO Auto-generated
method stub

                                                }

                                                /*...@override
                                                public void
onDateSet(DatePicker view, int year, int
monthOfYear, int dayOfMonth){
                                                        Log.e("TRACKING",
"reaching#2");
                                                        // TODO Auto-generated
method stub
                                                        Time dateOfBirth
=       new Time();

dateOfBirth.set(dayOfMonth, monthOfYear, year);
                                                        long dtDob
        =       dateOfBirth.toMillis(true);

dob.setText(DateFormat.format("MMMM dd yyyy", dtDob));

                                                        Editor editor   =
mGameSettings.edit();

editor.putLong(GAME_PREFERENCES_DOB, dtDob);
                                                        editor.commit();
                                                }

                                        }, 0, 0, 0);
                                Log.e("TRACKING", "end of onDateSet()");
                                return dateDialog;

                                //return new DatePickerDialog(this,
mDateSetListener, 0, 0,
0);

                        default:
                                break;
                }

                        return null;

        }

As normal, I call my dialog by showDialog(DATE_DIALOG_ID);

The log message Log.e("TRACKING", "reaching#2"), is never logged.

Please help!