Well, for me, if I test the app on my dev phone where my primary
account (or even the secondary account) are NOT purchasers, I do get
NOT_LICENSED when setting the market response to Normal.  So at least
that's working, but my app is published, while yours isn't.

Of course, I am using a non-standard client implementation of LVL
where practically nothing from the original code is recognizable.