Hi,

please consider the following. I have two containers and in between them I
want to expand/grow a third container that should show some temporary
information. The undo message in the Gmail app is an example for that. It
expands between the status bar and the body of the list, thereby pushing the
list down.

How would you implement that? I place the third/new container in my layout.
Then I need to make it visible before I start the animation, because
otherwise I wouldn't see it. However then in the parent there will be a gap
for the third component right away and the gap will have the full size (the
calculated/measured size) right away. Hence when I then start the animation
to scaleY from "0.0" to "1.0" I first see the complete space of the
underlying container and then slowly the actual component appears ;( What I
want is that space growing with the animation.

Any ideas? Do I need to set the height to 0 first and then measure myself to
define the goal height/Y of the animation as well as to set the component's
height myself after the animation is done?  Do you know a code sample that
does that?

Cheers,
Mariano