Hi all,

In looking at some performance issues for a game I'm developing I came
across some interesting facts.
Although I've minimised GC caused by my app, other apps can still
cause one.
Also, during framerate drops in my game, I've noticed things like the
weather service, email checked, etc.
going nuts in the background. (This is on Android 1.6).

I don't really want to block incoming calls, i.e. go into flight mode,
before the game starts.
I think it's important for the game to be interrupted if there's an
incoming call.
However, while playing, I don't think people care about weather
updates, email updates, texts, etc.

Is there an interface that will let me control what is "active" in the
background and what should be "suspended"?

cheers,
kk.