> You can test all that with aapt:
>
> http://developer.android.com/intl/fr/guide/topics/manifest/uses-featu...
> "You can use the aapt tool, included in the Android SDK, to determine how
> Android Market will filter your application, based on its declared features
> and
> permissions. To do so, run aapt with the dump badging command. This causes
> aapt
> to parse your application's manifest and apply the same rules as used by
> Android
> Market to determine the features that your application requires."
>
> --
>   Olivier

Thanks that works... for anyone interested the command is simply:

aapt dump badging your_apk_here.apk

It seems for most apps that don't use hardware and don't have uses-
feature in the AndroidManifest only uses-
feature:android.hardware.touchscreen is included. I presume this means
the answer to my question is that no, Android Market doesn't filter
out apps that don't declare their lack of feature usage by default.