when u talk about android kernel => only board support patches are required
to make it work on a platform.
note: for kernel.org linus's kernel tree => u need android patchset and your
platform patches.

> I was just wondering if someone could explain to me the actual need of
patching the Android kernel before we can port Android to the target
hardware.
u can pick up a platform and do a mini case study.
say, start with beagbleboard kernel http://code.google.com/p/rowboat/
http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/browse_thread/thread/6984fd8ca8ffa203
<http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/browse_thread/thread/6984fd8ca8ffa203>

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Abhyudai Shanker <
abhyudai.shan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a novice at Android Porting.
>
> Though I have a slight idea why it is done, I was just wondering if someone
> could explain to me the actual need of patching the Android kernel before we
> can port Android to the target hardware. Also a slight idea as to how it is
> done and what do we actually write in the patches.
>
> I am noob. Please pardon me for such a basic question.
>
> Looking forward to your help.
>
> Abhyudai

Regards,
Deva