Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has seen this problem before.

My app displays an AdMob AdView followed by a ListView.  When the app
first starts, I'd see an empty space where the AdView should be.
After a while, I'd see an ad being displayed.  However, this where the
strange happens.  The ad only displays for a brief moment, no more
than a second, then it goes away and becomes empty space again (no
ad).  So it just repeats like this:  no ads for while, brief display
of ad, no ads again for while, and so on.

This is my first experience with AdMob and I followed the AdMob
integration instructions pretty closely.  Am I doing something wrong?
Or is there some kind of param to set the during of an ad being
display that I am missing?  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

Here is the relevant part of my layout:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LinearLayout
        xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
        xmlns:app="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/
com.dhuang.android.nblauncher"
    android:orientation="vertical"
    android:layout_width="fill_parent"
    android:layout_height="fill_parent"
    android:paddingLeft="8dp"
    android:paddingRight="8dp">
    <com.admob.android.ads.AdView
        android:id="@+id/ad"
        android:layout_width="fill_parent"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        app:backgroundColor="#000000"
        app:primaryTextColor="#FFFFFF"
        app:secondaryTextColor="#CCCCCC"
        app:refreshInterval="60"/>
    <ListView
        android:id="@id/android:list"
        android:layout_width="fill_parent"
        android:layout_height="fill_parent"
        android:layout_weight="1"
        android:drawSelectorOnTop="false"/>
    <TextView
        android:id="@id/android:empty"
        android:layout_width="fill_parent"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:layout_marginTop="10dp"
        android:layout_marginBottom="10dp"
        android:layout_marginLeft="15dp"
        android:text="No quick launch items found!  Click 'Add' to
add."/>