I was able to get adb to recognize my Galaxy Tab by turning off USB-
debugging on the tablet, and then installing the drivers listed here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=728929 and turning
USB debugging back on

I'm using 32-bit Windows, so I can't say for sure that the 64-bit
driver works.