Hello everybody,

This is my first question. I tried to ask in android-beginners, but
the group is discontinued.

My problem is using SharedPreferences. I just created a
<PreferenceScreen> which holds inside a <ListPreference> with an array
of 5 different values. Very simple! The array of values are different
numbers: 1, 2, 5, 10 and 30.

Every time I change the setting, the application remembers  that and I
can see the setting I chose when I access the preferences once again
(as an user). Now, in the code, when I retrieve the setting using the
key (e.g. getString("delay", default_delay);), I always get the
default value, it seems that the SharedPreferences does not find my
setting.

Can anybody help? I have read about
SharedPreferences.getEditor().commit(), but that should be used only
when changing settings from the code, not from the UI preferences.

Anyone had this problem before?

P.S.- I use Froyo 2.2 to run the application (on a Samsung Galaxy S).

--Claudio