In short I have a bitmap image and need to access all the pixels to
use the RGB for an image processing algorithm. When I use the
dimensions from getHeight()/getWidth() in my for loops to cycle
through the image and use getPixel(x,y) I get an out of bounds error
and the app crashes. By trail and error I found that with an image of
dimensions 480,320(from getWidth()/getHeight()), I could only access
approximately the first 200,100 pixels. I set the methods to only get
these pixels, do the processing and then use setPixel() to create a
binary image. When I display this I get the bitmap with a square of
processed pixels in the top left corner, the 200,100 pixels and the
remainder is normal. The rest of the pixels are obviously there
because I can display the image normally and the results of getting
the dimensions is right but I am unable to access over half of the
pixels.

The bitmap data is from the native camera app, using an intent from my
activity. The data is definitely a bitmap as I can do the usual
methods to it, such as getWidth() etc. and can display it normally. I
also tried this with a bitmap file in my res/drawable folder and the
same thing happened.

People I have spoken to have also had this problem and have simply
given up making such apps. Is this a known bug and has any got any
ideas as to a workaround. I have researched this online but not found
anything.

Many thanks in advance, this is also posted on
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4233339/how-to-access-pixels-of-a-bitmap-image-on-android