Hello, I have the same problem too. When I add a call to the calllog
the name becomes "unknown" with my HTC Desire 2.2, while in the
Emulator it works fine.

This is the code:

private void addToCallLog(){

String phoneName = "Test Tested";
String originalNumber = "11223233445";
       ContentValues values = new ContentValues();

       values.put(CallLog.Calls.CACHED_NAME, phoneName);
       values.put(CallLog.Calls.NUMBER, originalNumber);
       //values.put(CallLog.Calls.CACHED_NUMBER_LABEL, phoneNumber);
       values.put(CallLog.Calls.DURATION,((endCall - startCall) /
1000 ) - 2 );
       values.put(CallLog.Calls.DATE,System.currentTimeMillis() );

       Uri uri =
getContentResolver().insert(CallLog.Calls.CONTENT_URI, values);
    }

Did you solved it? how?

Thanks