According to android icon design guidelines ( here
http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/ui_guidelines/icon_design.html,
see table #1), developer needs to provide status bar icons of next
sizes:

   Status Bar  24 x 24 px (LDPI)  32 x 32 px (MDPI)  48 x 48 px (HDPI)

While my measurements show that status bar always has 25 dp in height
and expects icons of 25x25dp. This translates to these sizes:

   Status Bar  19 x 19 px (LDPI) 25 x 25 px (MDPI)  38 x 38 px (HDPI)

Here is how I get those size:

    25dp * 0.75 = 18.75 => 19px (LDPI)
    25dp *  1   = 25    => 25px (MDPI)
    25dp *  1.5 = 37.5  => 38px (HDPI)

I have confirmed calculated sizes on several Android phones and on
emulators.

The question basically is: why guidelines use sizes different from
what is really used by status bar?