On Nov 27, 9:56 am, TreKing <treking...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The people that know the answer to those questions either don't read this
> list or won't bother to answer. We'll likely have to wait for the inevitably
> ridiculously belated blog post that will fill developers in when Google
> feels like it.

Cynical, but I fear also true.

The management of these developer updates seems rather odd - for
example with the new rating system, we get told the exact date when
new and updated apps will require a rating and that if we do not
provide one then 'in a few weeks' the app will be automatically rated
'mature'. However there is no indication as to the exact date and
whether we can rate apps without updating them.

If this was a business application in a corporate environment, changes
that affect the consumer would be clearly communicated to the consumer
prior to them actually happening and would not leave them wondering
what is really going on.

Some of these changes could be great, but to release them to
developers before they know what is going on seems strange to me. The
emails we received didn't really shed any more light on the nature of
the changes than we could glean ourselves.