I'm trying to upgrade my app so it makes efficient use of the new
large screens.  I'm not sure what my app's behavior is on a Droid
(which admittedly isn't new, but I've never had one and I suppose
could try the appropriate Droid emulator) but for now I'm
experimenting with the Galaxy Tab emulator (and I have confirmed
identical undesirable behavior on an actual Tab as well, as described
below).

My app's view is shown with a black border around both sides and
across the bottom (but not the top).  I realize people are familiar
with this already and that I'm not the first person to have trouble
with this, but I haven't deciphered the solution yet.

My layout starts with this:

<ScrollView xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
        android:layout_width="fill_parent"
android:layout_height="fill_parent"
        android:orientation="vertical" >
        <LinearLayout
                xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
                android:layout_width="fill_parent"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
                android:orientation="vertical" >

                ...etc...

I had hoped that fill_parent would make the layout fill the screen,
but obviously it doesn't.  Not only does it not fill horizontally, but
the view is taller than the screen which kicks the scroll bar into
action, and yet it doesn't fill vertically either.  I have also added
this to my my manifest:

                <supports-screens
                        android:largeScreens="true"
                        android:normalScreens="true"
                        android:smallScreens="true"
                        android:anyDensity="true" />

but that has had no noticeable effect on the app's behavior.  I have
confirmed if I create layout-large and layout-large-land res
directories that is uses the layouts in those two directories, but I
still don't know how to adjust the layout itself to behavior
correctly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.