Hey everyone,
   I made the mistake of assigning a sharedUserId to an update of my
app. After the update, the app stopped working because the change in
the assigned sharedUserId prevents it from accessing the database. I
tried to fix the problem by removing the sharedUserId attribute but
that has not worked, presumably because Android is now assigning a
different id to the app. Is there a workaround for the problem other
than my users reinstalling the app and losing all the data? Or am I
SOL?

To summarize.
1. version 1, no sharedUserId.
2. version 2, added sharedUserId. App force closes because of database
problems
3. version 3, removed sharedUserId. App still force closes presumably
because it is getting assigned a different id from version 1.

How can I get version 3 to work again with the database?