On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 12:02 PM, magicpig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >       I am wonder whether we can runtwoseparated apps with
> thesamecodebase. Thesetwoapps aredifferentby a flag.
> >
> >      Here are some questions:
> >
> >      1)  Where to set the flag? Is it possible for an application read
> > the flag if we set it in AndroidManifest.xml?

The only user-defined data you can put in AndroidManifest.xml is through the
or an individual component, and retrieved with the package manager APIs.
This is currently hard to find in the docs, but look here:

http://code.google.com/android/reference/android/R.styleable.html#AndroidManifestMetaData

>      2)  I think I should usedifferentpackage values for thetwo
> > apps, so needtwoseparated AndroidManifest.xml, right?

All you really need is a different package name in the first tag (ignoring
content providers, discussed below).

> >      3) I think the authorities of the provider should bedifferent,
> > so, we should make themdifferentin Androidmanifest.xml, right?

If you expect these two applications to be installed on the same device at
the same time, then yes you will need to give their content providers
different authority names.  This is the main thing that will complicate the
code itself.

--
Dianne Hackborn
[EMAIL PROTECTED]