hello fellow developers,
I am required to develop a add-on/plug-in which will sit on the top of
the native email client of android phone. I DONOT want to develop a
whole new application (like Gmail or K-9) and then tweak it further as
per my need, instead I just want to develop a plug-in with which will
do a specific task.

I want to know:
1. If this possible to do so?
2. Will the native email client will support my plug-in?
3. And if it is possible then how and where can I start?

 This is a very gray area for me so far, so please any guidance will
be appreciated.

Looking forward for an early reply.