So I get a message from google saying that I need to update the
content rating on my apps because otherwise they will default to
mature.  So fine, pull up the developer console, check "All", hit
save.  "High resolution icon required".  Really now?  Is it?  Haven't
touched my icons in like a year - and I certainly don't have the time
to fart around creating a 512x512 (!) version of them just to be able
to make sure my app isn't rated XXX.

Who made the decision to make the high res icon required, and how do I
work around it?