On Dec 11, 2:52 am, Pent <tas...@dinglisch.net> wrote:
> Clearly, the thing to do is make my app free and sell an unlock app.

Don't do it.

Users do not understand an unlock app. I've been down that road. You
can put it all over your description that you need to download the
demo first; this will unlock it, and you will still get irate users
wondering why the app they just paid for doesn't do anything.

You do not want to get in the way of immediate satisfaction for the
people who are willing to pay for your app without a trial period.
People who will shell out money without even reading your 325
character description are, after all, ideal customers.

Make a free version of your app instead. It could still be time or
feature limited. You can use a project library and it is a major pain
for you, but it is better than getting constant confusion.

>I don't have a trial version for my (relatively) expensive app because
>I was relying on the 24 hour refund period

I'd forgive them for this change if they would allow a real, developer
configurable trial period. 24 hours isn't long enough to evaluate my
app. For some, it might be too long.

Nathan