There is hope yet. This line makes me think that maybe some of the more
important problems will be adressed:

"With this release, we aimed to deliver features that are most
requested by users and developers. However, we’re not done yet. We plan
to continue to rapidly enhance Android Market for both users and
developers and make it the best content distribution service for the
Android ecosystem."

Very much looking forward to what they do come up with.