The problem I've had with AsyncTask is that if the main activity exits
and the background task finishes a bit later, the UI that the b/g task
wants to update in its PostExecute method no longer exists, and I get
a Force Close when it tries to use one of the Views that I'd
previously saved. So you might want to do some checking from
PostExecute to verify that your views still exist if you need them.

  Doug G