You can't do scrolling with android's default launcher.
But if you are using other launchers such as Home++/ADW/LauncherPro,
you can do it using a standardized API across these launchers.

Here are some articles on those.
http://gadgetsaddicts.blogspot.com/2010/08/android-scrollable-widgets.html
http://hpp.intuitit.mobi/for-developers#TOC-Building-Scrollable-Widget

You can find some sample projects here.