Hi,

 I've created a widget and a service which supports the widget as part
of same application. Inside the service I'm starting multiple threads
and from the threads I'm getting the remoteviews of widget and
updating widget using api

updateViews.setImageViewResource(R.id.ImageViewArtistImage,
R.drawable.album_no_artist);
AppWidgetManager.getInstance(context).updateAppWidget(widgetId,
updateViews);

This call works some times and at times it does not work means, widget
is not getting updated.

Is there anything wrong in this?

As a part of same application I've some activities also, which are
launched from the widget. when activity is closed(inside onPause() )
I'm sending custom brodcast messages to the widget. This time widget
is getting updated.
Do I need to follow the same method in service also, by sending the
custom messages as broadcast?

Thanks in advance,
Veeresh