It sounds like you are working on GPS Breadcrumbing.

If you take a snapshot of Latitude, Longitude (optionally Altitude) at
defined time intervals during your trip you will be able to calculate
Bearing, Velocity between points and distance of each point to a fixed
other location using the handy functions built into the Location
class......assuming that you just need distances calculated 'as the
crow flies' rather than directional information.

Personally I'd store it in a JSON array because the information is
sequential in nature so a SQL database may be overkill.

So.....search the web for GPS and Breadcrumbing, look into the Android
Location class and learn how to use JSON.

Does that help?