Hello there,

I am working on a little Service that plays ringtones/alarm-tones and
such. What I want is to play a certain pattern with pauses and
therefore I need to play such a tone once. At the moment I tried
RingtoneManager/Ringtone and MediaPlayer. But both of them loop normal
ringtones. It is described in this issue
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=1320
that ogg files automatically loop if a certain tag in them is set.

What I also tried was to use SoundPool, but as I only have content://x/y
URIs to these ringtones and no real filepath as SoundPool needs, this
seems no choice either. Getting the filepath from the URI seems to be
no way either, as this seems to be just a part of the above URI and no
real filepath that points to a real file.
These URIs come from the RingtonePreference, so I have no other as
these.

So, how do I play a ringtone just once, if the location is specified
with a content-URI?

Cheers,
R.