I am creating a drag and drop application and the core features of the
app are wokring.  One issue I am having is that the sequence of events
for the MotionEvent class was not what I was expecting.  For example
in my application I can have up to 100 image views on a layout and you
can drag these images around on the main layout anywhere you like.
The issue occurs when you overlap two images on top of each other.

Example:

You have ImageView1 on top of ImageView2.
You touch ImageView1 to drag but when you start dragging ImageView2
actually moves.

When I trace the events this is what I find:

1st Event  ImageView1=ACTION_DOWN
2nd Event ImageView2=ACTION_DOWN
3rd Event ImageView2=ACTION_MOVE
4th Event ImageView2=ACTION_UP

It's like the ACTION_UP for ImageView1 is never fired.
Is there a way to prevent ImageView2 events from firing but still
allow me to drag ImageView1.
It looks really wierd to click on an image and then have the image
behind it move.

I have played around with bringtofront method but it didn't make a
difference.