You can use Java reflection with your application's R.drawable class to
build the list.

--
Kostya Vasilyev -- http://kmansoft.wordpress.com
18.12.2010 8:30 пользователь "darrinps" <darri...@gmail.com> написал:
> What I am wanting to do is offer the user a list of image names and
> allow them to choose one then display that image in another activity.
>

> On Dec 17, 10:42 pm, darrinps <darri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks.  I tried doing that but it seems to be an old API so I tried
>> to convert it to what is there today. There must be some mistake I
>> have made that keeps this from working.
>>
>> Note that it didn't like mResources.startPreloading();   The method
>> simply was not there, although finishPreloading() is.  I commented the
>> startPreloading() line out.
>>
>> Secondly, it didn't like the format of the array when it looked like
>> this:
>>
>> <array name="preloaded_drawables">
>>          <item>@drawable/sym_def_app_icon</item>
>>
>> So, I changed that to this:
>>
>>      <array name="preloaded_drawables">
>>                 <item type="drawable" name="sym_def_app_icon"></item>
>>
>> When I execute this line:
>>
>>              TypedArray ar =

mResources.obtainTypedArray(com.standardandroid.swarooms.R.array.preloaded_drawables);

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/frameworks/base.git;a=blob;...>And

<android-developers%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com<android-developers%252bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>